Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Almost Over...

We leave for good in two days. Last minute packing and cleaning now fill up most of our time. I just hope now that everything fits in the cars. Looking around the room, the apartment is just a shell. The only thing that remains the same are the pictures on the walls (left up to keep our sanity as long as possible). Even the pictures will come down either today or tomorrow. Luckily we have done pretty much everything that we need to outside the apartment so there won't be much rushing around today.

It is really nice that Denise and Kayla will be coming up to help us move. Having the truck to haul some of the big stuff will be a lifesaver. It is also really good because it will allow us to take one final tour around Vancouver tomorrow, showing Kayla the place we have come to call home. I will really miss this area, I have never been unhappy about the weather my whole time here. Even when it is raining, it feels right.

I turned in all my stuff into the thesis office (close to 800 pages of paper). The funny lady that runs the place let us know that there were no glaring mistakes that would require a reprint of the whole thing (margin errors, page numbering, etc.). That was a huge relief. Now we just wait a couple months and hope there are no problems prior to binding. Being completely done with the thesis feels like a relief. It was an interesting topic and I enjoyed the things I learned from it. I can't believe it is really over...

Copies of my thesis are for sale, only $80 CAD each (Just kidding SFU, I know I only have a partial copyright).

No comments: